12.21.2010

French toast, a haircut & a new blog

It began with a haircut. Well, that's not really true. It began with a conversation over french toast and coffee in the land of the peaches. It progressed into a haircut. The haircut was followed by a new blog to match a new outlook on life. Suddenly, it was 12:30 AM and well past bedtime even for the feathered ones. Parakeets are somewhat nocturnal. They prefer to do their sleeping around 2 in the afternoon. At least the domesticated ones do. I'm not sure about the wild ones. I'll have to look into that.

Life is progressing. Law school is half over. Now looms the prospect of internships and employment after graduation (or E Day as in Employment Day or the Day I Finally Get A Real Job).

The problem is, I'm not sure if my dream job exists. If there were jobs for lawyers who travel around the world, take pictures and write copiously about their travels then I would be set. But despite months of searching, no such job exists. I can always do the last two items on the list for free but why do that if I could conceivably get paid to do so? Seems silly to me. So alas I keep searching, all the while applying to "real" jobs. Real should be read as "jobs that actually exist outside of Courtney's head." Oh well.

Despite the fact that my dream job has yet to materialize, I'm blissfully happy. Being home for Christmas does that to me. Maybe it's just Christmas in general. The trip home lead me to that french toast & coffee that I mentioned earlier and the subsequent haircut. The french toast incident went a little something like this:

Me: [long winded monologue about my newfound self esteem & outlook on life]

Mother dearest: [Question about old blog and concern about my future employment?]

That thought formed even more as I sat in the Best Stylist in the World's chair. As my hair took shape, so did my ideas. I decided to start over with a new blog to match my new (more adult) life. Let's face it, I'll never give up blogging. It just makes me happy. So welcome one and all to the aforementioned new blog. Please stick around and enjoy! There will be lots more loveliness to come.

The haircut by the way is the single best cut I've ever had.

"The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings."
Dave Weinbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment