12.29.2010

Christmas 2010

Goodness it feels like it's been forever since I updated. 

Christmas was wonderful.  Sadly Dad got stuck in Paris and was unable to be here until the 26th. The rest of us made the best of our holiday minus one. I was able to attend a good friend's Christmas party as well. Even though I didn't know many of the people there, I had a blast making new friends. The white elephant was probably the most fun. I ended up with this wonderfully unique little gift:
It's an actual bowling pin! I may have stolen it from one of the other players in the game. It was just too cute to pass up. 

The family side of the holiday was too much fun. We baked and decorated the tree and laughed so much. Kara & I each got a handful of new Wii games including Goldeneye, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.  My sister & I played hours of Goldeneye; our favorite is paintball mode. We run around shooting paintballs at each other instead of bullets. It's fun to see the paint splattered walls at the scenes of our shootouts. I had so much fun on my Wii Fit and Kara loves her Sports Resort game. I also received a Kindle which I love love love. But more than anything I loved spending time with my family. With all of us in different cities, I truly treasure our time together. 

Unfortunately I had to have my wisdom teeth removed yesterday morning. Luckily the surgery went very well, taking just under 30 minutes. All 3 of my teeth came right out with no problems. I'm still recovering, spending the day on the sofa (again) icing my jaw. The family has been wonderful, making sure I stay fed and comfortable. I'm so ready to be better though; this lying on the sofa all the time stuff is for the birds. I tried to do some laundry earlier but wasn't quite up to it. I'm thankful that the surgery went well and that recovery seems to be going smoothly. 

I hope your holidays were as wonderful as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment