7.12.2011

5 things: music edition

Last week I started listening to my music while at work. Sometimes I just tune it out and work away, but every now and then a song will catch my attention. Today I wanted to share with you my top 5 songs. So without further ado, here are my top 5 songs to get you through a rough day!

1. What you are by Jewel: I'm not normally a Jewel fan but there's something about this song that just makes me feel better about life.

2. You'll never walk alone by Judy Garland: Everytime I hear this song my shoulders straighten, my chin lifts and I'm suddenly ready to take on the world.

3. Comfort by Deb Talan: no matter what's going on in my life, whenever I hear this song I instantly calm down.

4. Que sera, sera by Pink Martini: This is one of my favorite versions of this song--it's very haunting. The song itself reminds me of my grandmother. I have memories of her singing it to me while holding my hand. Not to mention the fact that the message is exactly what I need to hear so often.

5. Sooner or Later by Michael Tolcher: This song also has personal meaning in that it reminds me of my little sister. It's got a similar message to many others on this list but a slightly more upbeat tempo. Uplifting + dance worthy = winner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment