9.11.2011

Joung Kak: Krabby Land Bucket List #71

Photo from yelp.com reviewer
I don't know if you noticed but there's a new link on the left under navigation. It's the Krabby Land bucket list!!! The other day I stumbled across an article on the Baltimore Sun's website listing 100 things famous/prominent Krabby Land citizens love about our fair town. I decided to make it a goal to cross as many of the items off the list as possible before graduation in May.

While some of the items are already crossed off I got to cross item 71 off the list last night: dinner at Joung Kak.

Joung Kak is a local Korean restaurant. If all of the items on the list are as rewarding as Joung Kak then this is going to be a fun little semester. I went with 3 friends, excited to share Korean food with some people that had never had it. We settled on barbecue and soju; a Korean meal without soju isn't a Korean meal at all. The appetizers and the barbecue itself was just like Seoul. Honestly as soon as I walked in the door I felt like I was back in Korea: the same decor, chopsticks and food that I loved for 2 months.

The best part is that Joung Kak is only about a 10 minute walk away from my lovely apartment!! I can't wait to share this place with everyone. Not only did they have a huge selection of barbecue, Joung Kak also has a really good selection of the vast majority of my other Korean favorites. There was none of our favorite chicken soup on the menu but the rest of the selection totally makes up for this one omission.

It may not be the most scenic of restaurants in the most scenic of locations but goodness is Joung Kak delicious.

Stay tuned for more Krabby Land bucket list goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment