10.31.2011

Monday Love Day #3: Halloween edition!!

I apologize for missing last week! I plum forgot so that one's on me.

1. Scary movies on TV. I love a good scare!! I really like ones that make you think. You know the ones I'm talking about--they make you question and ponder. Slashers are good too but I don't walk away as scared as I do with more psychological films. Plus when they're on TV the commercial breaks keep 'em from getting too scary. I mean, how scared can you get when every 11 minutes you pause from the scares to watch ads about Swiffer and Pampers?

2. Scary moves that are so bad they're funny. Case in point? Any SyFy original movie. They make me laugh and are the perfect pick-me-up on a bad day.

3. Pretending to be someone else. I didn't get to dress up this year but I did get to do a little acting in immigration today. We had a mock hearing and I got to pretend to be a witness. It was fun to pretend to be someone else temporarily!! I could never act for a career--I like being me the majority of the time. But there is something fun about temporarily pretending to have a different personality. Despite not wearing a costume I did wear Halloween colors: grey, dark purple and orange!

4. Cutesy Halloween decorations. I love this time of year. I get to redecorate my apartment every so often. It feels like getting  a new one!! I'm enjoying my last few hours with my Halloween decorations before I trim it down to just the general fall decorations such as pumpkins. I lean toward cutesy decorations. I don't like the mummies or other actually scary stuff. Instead I have darling little ghosts, cute grinning jack o' lanterns and black cats.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment