4.16.2013

[find the goodness]

My heart is in Boston today, along with my thoughts and prayers. The tragedy is immense; I still can't wrap my mind around wanting to destroy what should have been people's moment of great triumph.

The truth is we probably never will be able to understand it. 

We don't have to.

Instead, what we have to do is follow this wise advice from the Psalms:

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
-Psalm 27:13-14

There is still good in this world. There are good people and I firmly believe that those with goodness in their hearts outweigh those without it. I refuse to lose my faith in humanity. 

Today is also the anniversary of the shooting at Virginia Tech, another tragedy that befell our country.

So today instead of focusing on those who would do evil, let's focus on finding His goodness in the land of the living.

Tragedy will always plague humanity. Until the second coming, pain and suffering will continue to strike us. So instead of dwelling on the anger and the hurt, dwell on the good. Dwell on those who rushed towards the blast to help. Dwell on those who kept running to donate blood. Dwell on those who responded in Virginia. Dwell on those who courageously and selflessly sought to be that goodness. 

Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment