4.11.2013

[the second pop: the wisdom of God]




Welcome to my second POP!!

What is POP? According to host Horseshoes & Pearls,

"The POP is a weekly blog-hop designed to bring blogger friends together on a more personal level. The Power of Prayer is an amazing thing! We all struggle with personal and daily situations where the only thing left to do is turn to God and let the Power of Prayer take over."

Every Thursday I'll be participating in the POP from now on. If you're a fellow Christian blogger,  consider joining in the fun!

Today I wanted to share a quote with you that I stumbled on during adoration this afternoon. I hope it's as powerful for you as it was (and still is) for me!

"To believe actively that our Heavenly Father constantly spreads around us providential circumstances that work for our present good and our everlasting well-being brings to the soul a veritable benediction. Most of us go through life praying a little, planning a little, jockeying for position, hoping but never being quite certain of anything, and always secretly afraid that we will miss the way. This is a tragic waste of truth and never gives rest to the heart. 
There is a better way. It is to repudiate our own wisdom and take instead the infinite wisdom of God. Our insistence upon seeing ahead is natural enough, but it is a real hindrance to our spiritual progress. God has charged Himself with full responsibility for our eternal happiness and stands ready to take over the management of our lives the moment we turn in faith to Him... 
...When God created the heavens and the earth, darkness was upon the face of the deep. When the Eternal Son became flesh, He was carried for a time in the darkness of the sweet Virgin's womb. When He died for the life of the world, it was in the darkness, seen by no one at the last. When He arose from the dead, it was, 'very early in the morning'. No one saw Him rise. It is as if God were saying, 'What I am is all that need matter to you, for there lie your hope and your peace. I will do what I will do, and it will all come to light at last, but how I do it is My secret. Trust Me, and be not afraid.' 
With the goodness of God to desire our highest welfare, the wisdom of God to plan it, and the power of God to achieve it, what do we lack? Surely we are the most favored of all creatures."
-From The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer

Tozer issues us a powerful reminder of our place in the grand scheme of things. We are not the architects, the designers, the creators. It is not our place to see and to know His movements, His decisions, His leading. That knowledge is His alone.

As I head into the weekend I know I'll be striving to remember the simple truth that He is infinitely wiser than I could ever imagine and as a result, His plans do not need to be fully revealed to me.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone :).

No comments:

Post a Comment