11.07.2016

knowing

I've been re-watching some of my favorite shows lately. Most recently, I've been working on The Office.

Today I watched the episode where Stanley has a heart attack. It was it's usual ridiculous nonsense but then Michael Scott says this:


And with that I found the most accurate description of my life to date that I have ever heard.



I've spent a great quantity of my life faking it. For example, I am currently a litigator.

On my first day, I had absolutely no experience with litigation. Not even mock trial.

But I walked into my first hearing like I knew what I was doing. I didn't exactly walk out that way, mostly because I couldn't figure out how to open the doors. Seriously, It took me three tries to actually leave the courtroom.

Sometimes faking it until you make it is not the best answer. Sometimes there's a deeper issue preventing you from "making it" that needs to be addressed. Sometimes faking it isn't going to get you all the way there.

Other times faking it is the best way to learn. Sometimes it will give you the confidence boost you need to actually make it. Sometimes you need someone else to believe you know what you're doing in order to be successful.

It really just depends on the circumstances.

I don't really have much to say today, if we're being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment