1.17.2011

Yoga lullaby

Follow my blog with bloglovin

The most adorable thing happens every time I do yoga.

The feathered ones fall asleep.

It doesn't matter what time of day I practice or which one of the 5 routines on the DVD I got for Christmas I do, the result is always the same. I look behind me and the feathered ones are fluffed up with their little beaks tucked into their backs. It's the cutest, sweetest thing.

I've tried repetitively to get a picture of them sleeping. Alas, every time I move they wake up. So here's a picture someone else took of a sleeping parakeet. Isn't that just adorable?? Incidentally one day I'll totally be the mother who takes pictures of her children sleeping.

Yoga has a similar effect on me. No it doesn't put me to sleep. But it does relax me. Yoga soothes my mind, strengthens my body and steadies my soul. I can't really explain it. It's the one workout I've found that really really works for me. I still love cardio and other exercises but nothing soothes me like a good yoga session. The positive effects stay with me the whole day too.

I'll keep practicing yoga and the feathered ones will continue to get a little nap time.

"If I'm losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher and God reaches down to steady me.  It works every time, and not just in yoga."
Terri Guillemets 

No comments:

Post a Comment