2.06.2011

Cutest thing I've ever seen.

As excited as I am for the Super Bowl later tonight (sic 'em Steelers!) there's another bit of TV programming that I'm enjoying far more.

It's Puppy Bowl time over on Animal Planet.

HOW CUTE IS THAT?! Puppies and football? I'm so there.

Currently we're smack in the middle of the kitty halftime show. There are adorable, adoptable kittens frolicking around a "football field" covered in cat nip, bouncy, shiny balls & feathery looking sparkly things on sticks.

They are too cute for words.

They're making me want one of my own.

Now it's grand finale time. There's confetti. There's adorable kittens confused and fascinated by the confetti. There are silver streamers. There are kittens unsure of how to walk on the confetti.

If it's possible I want one more than I did 30 seconds ago. I would want a puppy but I know I'm not allowed to have one in my apartment complex. Perhaps moving might not be such a bad idea. One day I will have a terrier. And we will romp. Joyously.

Before I knew what time the cute fest began, I was conflicted. No seriously. I went back and forth and back and forth. Steelers? Or puppies? Steelers? Or puppies? God bless the good people at Animal Planet for not forcing me to make that choice. So now I have another hour of fluffy adorableness to enjoy before turning my attention to the actual football game.

Don't get me wrong, I love the feathered ones dearly. But they're not exactly what you'd call snuggly. At all. They hate to be touched. They scream like you're attempting to kill them if you even try to touch them. Most of the time, especially in winter, I just want something furry to come snuggle with me.

The second half is starting. I must go watch the puppies.

There are hamsters. In a blimp. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment