3.16.2011

Recipe review: chicken, mushroom & bacon pie

Unfortunately there aren't any pictures taken by me of today's recipe. Creativity is one of the best assets you can have in the kitchen and today it helped me a good bit. The recipe calls for pie pots but I only had a pie pan. The result was delicious despite being a little misshapen. It was just so darn good that I had to share it anyways! Click the link below for the recipe itself:

Nigella Lawson's Chicken, Mushroom & Bacon Pie

The entire thing took me maybe 45 minutes from start to finish. I love pot pie and this recipe was quite reminiscent of one. It somehow felt healthier though, mostly since it was missing the heavy cream common in pot pie recipes. The recipe could be made even healthier: veggies could be easily added.

In addition, it was super super easy to make. The puff pastry saves a lot of time & effort. And since it's easy to make, it's the perfect substitute for a store bought frozen pot pie. We all know that homemade is just so much more satisfying than store bought.

Next time you're in the mood for comfort food, I highly recommend Nigella's recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment