3.07.2011

A taste of home

This weekend my parents came to visit me here in Krabby Land!! Both of their birthdays are this week. Since neither my sister nor myself could come home, they came to us. Friday was more low-key: we ran errands and spent some time in both Krabby Land and the District.

Saturday we decided to check out Paper Moon Cafe here in Krabby Land. The restaurant was wonderfully kooky, with dolls on the walls and an elephant on the roof.
A friend had told me about Paper Moon when I first moved to Baltimore but I had yet to pay it a visit. We had originally planned to go somewhere else for breakfast but then we saw Paper Moon on Travel Channel. Since we had the time, I suggested going there instead.
Besides the kooky decor, the food was wonderful! I had lemon ricotta pancakes. They were the lightest, fluffiest pancakes I have ever eaten. The bacon was perfectly cooked (nice and crispy) and the lemon syrup (not in the picture) was the perfect compliment to the pancakes & blueberries.
After breakfast, it was off to the capital of Krabby Land before meeting Kara in the District. We took a trolley tour of the capital that proved quite informative.
Our capital is home to the oldest state house still in use. It's also home to the Naval Academy so there were lots of midshipmen wandering around the city in uniform. They looked quite sharp in my opinion. There were lots of water dogs around too--labs of every color were on every corner. It's just such a quaint little town.
We ended our day with a wonderful, if not overly indulgent, dinner at The Prime Rib in the District. The restaurant looked like something out of the 1940's, complete with a cello player and pianist softly playing music. I had a filet mignon with crab and asparagus for dinner. Everything on the table was wonderful--not a single bad food item hit that table. We all ate until we couldn't move. Every bite was completely worth it; I wanted to savor the experience & drink in as much of it as I could. It was the perfect way to celebrate the joint parental birthdays.

Sunday Mommy Dearest & I attended church here in Krabby Land. We took part of the tour but unfortunately had to leave a little early in order to grab some lunch before Mommy Dearest's flight. It was nice to sit & catch up over omelets at a little bistro. Even though the organist/choir conductor was missing & the tour lasted significantly longer than I had thought it would, I'm still thankful I got to share my beloved church with Mommy Dearest & the weekend with my family.

1 comment:

  1. I had an awesome time! Love visiting you in Krabby land!

    ReplyDelete