3.12.2011

Weekly camera fun #7

I know I know. I've been such a slacker about this lately. Since determining that I would be graduating early, life has just taken off. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to stop and think. Things haven't slowed down, but I've been making a more concentrated effort to bring back the little things, such as cooking & taking pictures. This week it's all about the fennel, arugula and strawberry salad I made for dinner tonight.




The recipe is super simple to make & is courtesy of Claire Robinson's 5 Ingredient Fix cookbook:
  1. Pour one cup of white balsamic vinegar into a saucepan. Heat with salt & pepper for about 15 minutes, or until it forms a syrup and reduces down to about 1/3 cup. Let it cool to room temperature.
  2. Chop up the fennel bulb and the strawberries and throw them into a bowl with the almonds and arugula. Toss with the COOLED dressing and enjoy!
I highly recommend this cookbook. Everything I've made so far has been delicious and simple. The recipes taste like they were a ton of work and ingredients, but they really aren't. The five ingredient part is fantastic for those of us on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment