8.28.2011

Post-Irene

I must confess, Irene was a bit of a letdown. I also must confess that despite my disappointment, I am grateful that Irene wasn't worse. I'm also grateful that I still have power and running water.

I often forget just how much I have to be grateful for. I have a home, a good safe home that I don't have to worry about. It won't collapse on me, it's not moldy, it's not infested with anything. It's stable and constant; as long as I continue to pay my rent my home will always be here.

I have a family. They love me and have supported me through some crazy choices and times. When all goes wrong I can always turn to them. When I have a victory they cheer with me.

I have friends that do the same. They love and support me through so much.

I have food, I have clothes, I have money. I've had opportunities to visit and live in different countries. I've travelled extensively through this country. I have intellectual, physical, spiritual and emotional freedom.

I have a God that loves and forgives me. He's not soft, not by any means. But He's carried me through so many things and lead me on some incredible adventures. Even if everything else were to go away, He will always have me in the palm of His hand.

I really do have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. So true my dear so true! You are blessed! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete