10.17.2011

Monday love day #2

It's Monday so that means it's time for another love list!

  • Weekends away from home. This weekend my family was in DC for my sister's parent's weekend. I'll have more about that in its own post. Sometimes you need time to get out of town for a few days, especially when you've had a rough go of things lately. 
  • Beautiful fall weather. This whole weekend (and into this week) it's been stunning outside. It's the perfect cool weather, wonderful for being outside. It's not so hot that you get sweaty but not so cold it feels like your nose is going to fall off.
  • Outdoor markets. This weekend we popped in to Eastern Market in DC. I had forgotten just how much I love these markets. There were antiques, beautiful fresh produce and oodles of adorable dogs wandering about. It's the perfect time of the year for these markets too.
  • Apples, apples, apples. From cider to apple butter to apples & pork to plain apples apples are everywhere right now! Apples are also my favorite fruit so love when they make their appearance in strength. They're in everything right now which I love sooo much! Plus they just scream fall which is always wonderful.
  • New music. I found this playlist while checking in on all my various blogs this morning. It's perfect for fall (I'm sensing a theme here). I love exploring new things and music is definitely one of those things. With the growth of services like Spotify and Rhapsody I'm able to explore new music without breaking my student budget. Music sets the mood for so much of life so I'm always looking for the perfect music to suit my mood and the playlist linked to above perfectly fits my fall mood.
  • Time with family. This weekend was so wonderful. I've had family get-togethers that are less than fun but this was not one of them. Family can remind you of who you are and where you came from which is so important. Even if your family isn't that great it can be an important reminder of learning from your past and striving towards a better future. Thankfully my family is wonderful. Sure we've had our struggles but we're a close family with a lot of good times. They keep me honest which I totally need.  I love seeing them!

1 comment: