3.01.2012

hillbilly

It's going to be quite the busy weekend.

My sister's on her way here. Tonight, we're going to see Brad Paisly in concert. Everyone I've talked to that's seen him in concert said he's amazing. Which is good.

Because there's nothing worse than being disappointed by an artist's live performance.

I think that's why I like country so much. It feels more genuine. Not all of it does, but more than top 40 radio.

But let's be real, I don't really listen to the radio anymore.

No it's not because I'm a hipster that hates all things mainstream. I just simply don't own a radio. The only one I used to own was in my car. And now that I don't have a car, I don't have a radio.

To be honest, I don't really miss radio that much.

There are just so many other options for finding new music. Maybe I'm not the first person to hear about new music but somehow I'm okay with that.
So here's to a night of good music with good company!

Oh and get excited for Saturday: it's prom night! No not high school prom--law school prom. Yes, we still have prom. But this time all alcohol consumption is totally legal (although I didn't drink at my high school proms. Such a goody goody I know). Officially it's called Barrister's Ball but no one calls it that; everyone just calls it prom. I've got my dress and shoes all ready to go and I'll pick up the perfect earrings tomorrow. And just like high school prom, there will be lots of photos. Just without the awkward date poses and parents looking on.
Shirt: Nordstrom's
Jacket: H&M
Jeans: Gap
Necklace: gift
Spoon ring: gift
Cowboy hat: found at a vintage shop in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment