12.09.2012

[here's to the nights]

Y'all. I'm like a real adult now.

Not really.

But kind of.

Last night I threw a dinner party. Typically dinner parties start out all nice and classy and then just devolve into a drunken mess. Typically only a few items are home made and the rest are store bought. Typically people bring cheap wine or 30 packs of beer. Typically no one leaves until 1 or 2 am.

Not this dinner party.

Christmas Potluck 

Everyone showed up with homemade (or semi-homemade which totally still counts) food. Most everyone showed up with a nice bottle of wine. Everyone left by midnight. No one got rip-roaring drunk. Nothing got broken or knocked over. Heck, my friends even cleaned up after themselves.

No, we sat around and chatted like adults. We played a round of white elephant. We ate delicious food and drank some wine.

Christmas Potluck

All my life I've dreamed of throwing grown-up dinner parties. I've dreamed of classy events, but not stuffy ones. Finally, that's exactly what happened.

Finally.

I don't know who decided that your college years are the best of your life. I do know that I beg to differ with them.  College is wonderful but your mid-twenties are infinitely better. It's just the right mix of adult-like confidence and youthful fun.

Christmas Potluck 

So here's to my mid-twenties. Here's to still having some things to figure out. Here's to having fun with friends. Here's to knowing who I am and what I want. Here's to maturity. Here's to the best years of my life....

...thus far :).

No comments:

Post a Comment