4.01.2013

[easter sunday]

As I mentioned before, this year Easter was a little different than usual. 

It started on Saturday night with a stunning Easter Vigil. For those that aren't familiar with the Vigil, it's when all of the candidates for Catholicism actually become full-fledged members of the Church. If they've never been baptized into any Christian denomination, they're baptized. Quick fun fact: the Catholic Church does honor all baptisms, regardless of whether they're Catholic or not. See? I learned I something this weekend. After baptism comes confirmation and all of the new members are confirmed after professing their faith in the Catholic Church to the congregation. The Vigil moves forward and the new members gets to make their First Communion. The Vigil is also a full-fledged mass so it lasts around 2-3 hours.

Y'all it was beautiful. Watching these new members profess their faith and seeing their excitement at joining the Church was contagious. in fact, it was exactly what I needed to reawaken my own faith. I had volunteered to sponsor a young woman who had gone through all the other sacraments but had never been confirmed. Toni was a total sweetheart and I am so grateful I got to be with her for such an exciting moment. 

Since we attended mass on Saturday evening, we were free on Sunday. We decided to go out for brunch instead of cooking at home so I made us reservations at Paper Mill Grill. It turns out that brunch was a buffet filled with options ranging from prime rib to Eggs Benedict. I went for Eggs Benedict, asparagus, bacon, and fruit. And then I went back for macaroni & cheese, red velvet cake, and toffee cheese cake. Oh and a mimosa. Needless to say, I ate entirely too much. Ready to bust, we headed home to laze around in our pajamas for the rest of the day. 

If there's a more perfect way to spend Easter, I can't think of it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment