4.15.2011

5 things on Friday #1

I haven't decided if this will be a weekly installment yet. I'm leery of filling the blog with features specific to days of the week. I want to keep the content original and I want it to reflect my life. The Wednesday posts aren't going though so never fear. We'll see what becomes of this 5 things thing.

Source
1. French press coffee. I got a french press like the one pictured for Christmas and on the weekends when I don't have to get to class early in the morning I love using my french press instead of the traditional coffee pot. The coffee just tastes amazing when it's made in a french pres. Plus there's something that just screams relaxed and weekend about using a french press.
Source

2. P.S. I Made This by Erica Domesek: I saw this book while I was in Texas for spring break and fell in love. For the life of me I can't tell you why I didn't buy it but I didn't. As a result, I cannot stop thinking about it! I may make a trip to Urban this weekend to pick up a copy.
Source
3. Anthropologie's Twisted Stripe Dress: Seriously, if I had $300 to blow I would buy this dress in a heartbeat. Seriously, be still my heart.
Julia Child's kitchen at the Smithsonian
4. Julia Child: I always knew who Julia Child was but I didn't truly fall in love with her until I read My Life in France earlier this semester. Love love love that woman. I also love that Cooking Channel shows re-runs of her show during the week. She's just so inspiring and personable, unafraid to share her failures along with her successes. My next cookbook purchase will more than likely be Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

 
5. Oatmeal: I feel like everyone's touting the benefits of oatmeal these days. I've always loved it; Mom's been singing it's praises since we were little. While I used to live off the maple brown sugar instant oatmeal, I've now switched to plain oatmeal. From there I can add whatever I want. This morning I added dried cranberries, dried apple, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. I get to control the exact amount of added sugar in my oatmeal and cut down on preservatives. That's a win-win if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment