5.01.2011

Ding dong the witch is dead

Fourth of July in DC, July 2009
 About 30 minutes ago I was sleeping soundly.

Suddenly my phone rang. It was my sister. I didn't really think much. I just pulled the covers over my head.

My phone rang again. It was my sister. Again. At this point in time I began to wonder what tragedy had befallen her. Had she and her boyfriend broken up?! Had a family member been gravely injured or died?!

Thankfully, none of the above. But in a once in a lifetime moment I was actually happy to be woken up to be told that someone was dead.

The dead someone is Osama Bin Laden.

Oh em gee. A part of me feels guilty for being happy about this news. But a bigger part of me doesn't. At all. Not even a bit.

So now I'm sitting here watching CNN, waiting for the President to speak. And I have to say, this was totally worth waking up for. Even though they're clueless as to why their blankie was ripped off them after only an hour, I'm sure the feathered ones will agree with that statement.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! Kara is at the White House celebrating now! Love this night! Sad for the pain so many have endured... Pray for peace!

    Love you dear!

    ReplyDelete