5.16.2011

Food for thought

I ran across this quote today while doing a little reading and I wanted to share it.

"I had to see the purpose of my [weight loss] struggle as something more than wearing smaller sizes and getting compliments for others. These things would be nice but not as appealing in the moment as that cinnamon roll or those chips or that brownie. 
It had to be about something more than just me. 
I had to get honest enough to admit it: I relied on food more than I relied on God. I craved food more than I craved God. Food was my comfort. Food was my reward. Food was my joy. Food was what I turned to in times of stress, sadness and even in happiness."
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst


I wish I could say this wasn't true. But so often we let the little things in life, like food, replace God. We think only money or sex or drugs could do that. But the truth is, anything can. No matter how trivial something may seem, it can easily replace God.

No comments:

Post a Comment