5.20.2011

Money woes

Tuesday I leave for Germany & Austria with my family. I've never been to either so this is quite exciting. Once we return I'll have about exactly 2 weeks until I leave for Korea. Maybe. Hopefully.

You see Korea's a bit up in the air right now. I'm almost 90% certain that I'm going. There's just one tiny problem. 

I can't seem to get the money.

Everything started out just fine. I applied for financial aid for the summer months ago. Then I received an award that will cover my expenses, including tuition, airfare & spending money. Then I waited to get that award. And waited. 

And waited.

And waited.

Finally, I emailed financial aid. Suddenly, I was informed that there were about 5 additional steps to be completed before I could receive my award. And those steps would take time. I found that a week ago today.

Did I mention that I'm leaving TUESDAY? Because I'm leaving. And I won't have a mailing address where someone can send me a check since I'll be bouncing all over. I need that money on Monday. 

So. I'm stuck. I'm stuck waiting on $14,388. Until I get it I can't:
  • Pay my rent
  • Pay bills
  • Pay my tuition for Korea
  • Buy an airline ticket to Korea
  • Pay for the zipper repairs on my suitcase 
  • Buy anything in Germany. 
  • Buy anything anywhere
No I'm not stressed at all. 

Not even slightly.

And that statement was in no way shape or form sarcastic. 

That was also sarcasm. I'm trying not to rip my hair out at the roots. But so far that's not going so well. I may be bald soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment