2.16.2012

busy bee


Something strange is in the water in my apartment.

It started this morning.

I can't count how many times I told myself I was going to start working out in the morning. I also can't count how many times I rolled over and hit snooze instead.

Until this morning.

This morning I actually got out of my bed when my alarm went off. Well, not instantly. I still groaned and grumbled about the early morning wake up call for about 5 minutes. But then I got out of bed, started the coffee and uncovered the birds. Then I got down to business and did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.

I hated every second of it. Hated.

I'm doing it again tomorrow morning as soon as I get out of bed.

I have been super productive. All day. I mean ridiculously productive. I even had energy during federal income tax. Weird, I know. Who actually has energy during a 9am class on federal income tax?! Apparently I do.

But then things got even weirder.

I signed up for a 10k.

This 10k to be exact:
Apparently this is actually happening now. I mean, I paid the entry fee (which is non-refundable). So I'm committed.

I suppose this means I should develop a training plan or something.

The strangeness kept going though.

What was supposed to be a trip to the bank turned into a trip to the bank, the grocery store, a photo shoot and then a trip to the drug store. I needed to do everything on the list but I had planned to spread it out over several days. Once I got to the bank I just couldn't stop. Now that I'm home? I can't bear the thought of just chilling at home. I don't want to spend money though. Maybe I'll paint something. I do have a canvas and some paints in the linen closet left over from making the family Christmas presents.

I think I may just be a morning exerciser after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment